Sunday, May 3, 2009

Post Summit Cleanup

Cleanup has begun on the me-otter. One thing comes to mind to ask.

...I wonder if Summit Point wants the parts of T6 and T7 that I brought home with me on the inside of my rims and in every nook and cranny of the me-otter back?

Melted rubber and my white rims get along pretty well...but melted asphalt and my white rims make for a long clean up process for sure.



Four hours have been logged so far on post inspection and initial clean up. Now comes a complete waxing to remove all the melted rubber from the paint and a deep clean on the rims to remove all the tar stains.




One thing I have found in post inspection is that its time to have some exhaust work done to cure a leak that I think has become a problem. The seals on either side of the cat are now shot. After a full run on the track everything is so hot she wont idle. The temp gauge shows a normal reading, engine bay is at normal temp...but trans tunnel is very hot, which is where the leak is. When I remove the fuel cap after a run, I have to crack it and let it vent for a couple of minutes to release the pressure. If I try to take it off too fast I notice the gas bubbling up. I am wondering if the exhaust leak is heating up the gas in the tank.

The other good news is that Glaze Communications has signed on for year 3. I cant thank them enough for the support over the last couple of years.

No comments:

Post a Comment