Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Ultimate Track Car Challenge Weekend and NASA Recap

UTCC

This was a weekend to remember for sure. After three weeks of rebuild on the Miata and fixing everything that needed fixing, we have a running car again just a few days before the big event. We left Thursday morning and set up camp. It was a normal July day at VIR...hot! But we were prepared. Lots of water and lots of portable shade and of course every ones favorite...amazing food.

So many fantastic and diverse cars started showing up for the UTCC Event. From a DP car to my Miata...there was something there for everyone.





Murt and Dirty not only got me back together for the event, they were also an amazing pit crew. They did all the work and I only had to concentrate on driving. Over the course of the UTCC event we made a few adjustments and I drove as hard as I could. I ended up 51st out of 56. Considering the amazing machines I was up against...I think I did well. I didnt come in last, so I am happy. Video can be found in the video section on this website.


Results for the UTCC can be found here

The rest of the weekend was a blast. Lots of old friends as well as new ones too. It was so much fun seeing all my South East friends again. Keri, a new DE drive paddocked with us. She was paired up with a real good instructor and had a blast.

I had the honor of taking Tom Heath from GrassRoots Motorsports Magazine in Mike Morris's CMC Mustang for a Hyperdrive. Tom did real good. GRM might have a racer on there hands.



This is a picture of Tom and I on the track between T3 and T4 I believe.

I learned a lot this weekend. This weekend was a blast loaded with lots of fun and great people, friends and family. Not to mention having two great students. By far the most interesting student was Earle. Wow...instructing a student in a NASCAR Sprint Cup car was a blast.

This is a picture of the car and driver.




No comments:

Post a Comment